Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Typical Blog Post From Hell

I think I already covered WHY I have this blog pretty well in the About Me part of my profile, so I might as well just get on with it.
I worked today, 9-1. Really weird hours. I mean if I'm gonna wake up that early I might as well stay until 4 or something. But I bet they'd be happy if I told them I wanted more hours. Just started about 2 weeks ago. I don't know if I'm doing a real bang up job yet, but I'm making a good impression, being good to people, etc. They have me on the register a lot. I like that. I'm getting much better at it, making fewer mistakes every day.
Having a job is making me really happy. I'm not typically a really happy person, but I'm no mopey bastard either (usually). I worked as a dishwasher in a restaurant in late 2005, and that blew a lot. I lasted about 2.5 weeks, and quit before giving my 2 weeks notice. The first real job I had. Crash + Burn. This is so much better than that job, and it's right around the corner. For so long it's been Step One: Get A Job, and now I HAVE ONE. Step Two: ........

Oh I got an iPod recently too. My dad won it, I earned it by being a music freak. I used to scoff at iPods.

"Pfft, why would I pay just to have a compact version of what I already have?"

"Pfft, why would I pay just to be able to transport atleast 512mb of music without fumbling around with CDs?"

"Pfft, why would I pay just to be able to choose songs to listen to on the bus individually rather than by album?"

"Pfft, pfft?"

So that was pretty dumb. The thing is, I DIDN'T pay.
I got an iPod Shuffle. I said ATLEAST 512mb because that's how much mine holds, but that is the smallest of all of the iPods. I got it on... I dunno, I'll guess Thursday. Today is Tuesday and I'm already quite sick of the songs I put on there. Half a gig. I listen to music a lot.

Wish I could do some music right now.

I have a bass, at the moment. My friend Maggie is letting me borrow it because it bothers her stupid boyfriend, so I'll probably have it until the break up or whatever. I love this bass, I hope they last a loooongg time. She moved to Laconia, which is sort of far I guess. I want her to stay there. I'd really much rather play her bass than talk to her and her boyfriend. I can say that, because this is my blog, not my myspace. You see why I made this now?

The bass is incredible. I may be getting better at bass than guitar. When I play the bass I'm just goofing off trying to groove along, when I play a guitar it's almost serious business, and when I don't sound good I get quite down about it and stop playing. This is bad. I'm not bad at the guitar, but the bass is just fun as hell. Less pressure. And I love to fingerpick. I can work them fingers, like Steve Harris style. And I'm not even joking. Well, maybe not as POWERFUL as Steve, but sure as hell just as fast.

Reminds me, some guy came into work to talk about retirement plans, his name was Dave Murray. He had the same kind of face as Dave Murray too, the same cheekbones and mouth.

I listened to some of Virtual XI last night. I've grown out of it a little bit, but holy shit Janick Gers can solo like a mofo. It's just insane. He's underrated as fuck.

Oh and also, I might be able to see Maiden on October 6th, but I don't know if I want to. Am I a heathen for not wanting to? I mean, I DO want to, but forty something bucks... And Bullet for my Valentine is opening for them. Isn't that ludicrous? Reminds me of how Hendrix opened for the Monkees way back in the day, only in reverse. The thing that does make me want to go to this show is reading a snippet of how Steve Harris said the setlist will be very different than the ones from the past. Hm. Really? Or are you just saying that? We'll see. It's only the 2nd show of the tour, so I can't get a look at the setlist before I plonk down the money.

Speaking of tickets, I was kinda hoping to go to the Rochester Fair this year. I used to go all the time in elementary school, back when I knew it as the Rodchester Fair. I still think the town should be called Rodchester. I was almost going to go yesterday with some delinquent friends of mine. They wanted to sneak in. I considered it, but ended up getting a NINE HOUR HEADACHE and wasn't thinking about festivities too much.
Then I find out that this girl who just started talking to me a little bit (Her boyfriend just left her for California too.. hmmmmm) had no one to go with, and I said well, I was thinking about going on Thursday (day off + pay day).. Her response wasn't too gratifying. I don't want to go with her anyway. What are we gonna talk about? Jack shit, that's what. I'd rather sneak in with my delinquent buddies.

I'll be more interesting next time.

No comments: