Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Iron Man

Okay, that title is probably a grand exaggeration. I don't work more than most people, even right now where I feel like I'm being deluged with hours. I'm really not. Today is going to be my sixth straight day of work, then I get a day off tomorrow (payday too), and then 3 more straight days. Sounds frightening, but those 9 days are only going to equal about 50 hours. About 5.5 hours a day on average. I feel like a puss for thinking 50 hours in 9 out of 10 days is a lot of work.

Ooh the phone's ringing.

Ooh the door is being knocked.

The phone was a telemarketer, the door was Maiden. Any time my door gets knocked on there's a 60% chance it's Maiden, 30% chance it's the crazy girl across the street, and 10% chance that it's someone random, with a 50% chance of me not really wanting to see them. Everyone else calls first.

Maiden was stopping by to pick up a pizza he left here. My house is like a bank for him, my refrigerator the safe. Sometimes he'll leave something cool here, like his guitar. I have a few other guitars so it doesn't really matter, but it's cool to switch once in a while. I asked him to do a favor for me. I wanted him to get me something very baad, but I only do this baad thing once in a while. Think Self Inflicted Waste, for those of you in the know. I can tell you it's not booze and it's not weed, but it's very cheap. So I'll probably update later on to say how it went, or maybe I'll wait until tomorrow to do it.

No comments: