Wednesday, October 07, 2009

I used to type like a stupid jerk and I still do.

Haaaate reading my old stuff. I don't care if it's a blog post, a message board post, an email, I hate all of it. I'm not even sure if I like the name Aural High Ground anymore. Deleting it would be pointless though.. No one else knows this blog exists. Normally I'm very paranoid about people finding my internet stuff but I feel like there's only a 1 in a billion shot of being spotted here.

I can't believe I was starting an epic multi-post project on detailing how much of a nerd I've been throughout history.
Actually it could have been a somewhat informative and funny project, but it would have taken a bit of effort that I don't feel like having.

When WAS that last post anyway... September 07. Hmm. I was still with San at that point. She was my supervisor at the old job I posted about. It didn't take long for us to start dating - we had a couple of January 07 dates but nothing real happened until the Superbowl, February 1st 07. Colts and Bears. I remember that whole thing really well - I said "The Bears are gonna lose," then we leaned into each other and pyew pyew pyewwwww (fireworks noise).
Remembering those stories kind of makes me angry, just because I know how meaningless they are now. I think that's one of the 2 or 3 toughest things about losing someone, the memories are nothing but junk - I can't share them with anyone. It just comes off as weepy, sappy, or bitter depending on which story it is. I won't talk about her or the whole situation too much, but she was amazing. In a few different ways, but mostly physically. She was stunning, at least to me. Short little asian girl with a big smile. Nothing would have happened if not for her taking the situation by the balls and approaching me head on - I can never approach women that way, it makes me feel like an asshole. It was the luckiest time of my life.
Then I quit my job and once I stopped having money, that was basically it for her. It was a big fucking mess, I don't have to explain it because it's an old, old story that we're all familiar with.. All I'll say is that it made me feel like to her, the whole thing was about THINGS and not about US. So not only are the memories junk, they feel even more meaningless because I was deceived.

But we haven't been together for a long time. I thought it would be a good idea to get it all out of the way now.

I mentioned the Superbowl, I really don't give a shit about football though. I'll put it on, but only because it's an easy way to kill 3+ hours. I casually pay attention to all kinds of sports now just to make finding something on TV easier.
Basketball is different though. Huge NBA fan. No one else around here (that I call a friend) is into it at all, but it doesn't stop me. Hell, most people don't even know I watch it, but when the season is on I will decline a lot of offers to hang out after 7pm and no one knows why.
The Celtics first preseason game is tonight. It doesn't start for an hour but I already have it on the channel. I miss Mike Gorman. I miss Tom Heinsohn. I miss Rajon Rondo. Kevin Garnett is playing, I think, I'm worried about the knee being messed up.. Apparently they just stapled his cartelige back into the back of his knee. That's fucking gross. Also I guess he was limpy in some practice video that's out but I didn't give a shit enough to watch the video.
They're probably fine either way, I'm enamored with the team. we got Sheed!
I think the Cavaliers might take a step back, and Orlando .. Still not sure how to feel about them but they have Vince Carter now so fuck em. The Bulls gave Boston problems last year but I don't even see that team being in the playoffs. They let Ben Gordon go and he was the guy that was lighting it up for half that playoff series. The rest of the East more or less looks the same. I really hope Washington isn't good at all, but I'm afraid they might be. I could go either way on that though.
I'm predicting that the Clippers will be sorta good, too. I can see Baron Davis having a terrific season, and I'm not entirely sure why. I think if he takes the reins and leads the team to anything approaching a .500 record, he's my sleeper pick for most improved player, and don't think I don't know how ridiculous that sounds. They never give it to really established players like that, so I know there's a 0% chance I'm right, but I think EVERY one of his numbers will go up, and I like going out on a limb.
Oh and I hate baseball but I think the Phillies will repeat. I called that like 4 months ago.

Oh hell new South Park too! My TV will be busy tonight.

Just noticed that every blog post I've ever made has either been made in September or October. Weeeird.

No comments: